Elementary Teacher (Full time)
Mixed age multicultural class of ~16-22 children in a progressive independent school that uses a transdisciplinary approach to teaching.
Golestan is looking to hire a loving and experienced teacher to start in August 2022. We are looking for someone who values collaboration and is creative and open to different ideas and trying new things. Must connect well with children, families, and colleagues of all backgrounds and be passionate about integrating curricular subjects into project-based learning in a global context.
As a lead teacher, this person will be responsible for:
- Establishing a classroom culture that is safe, inclusive, collaborative, and intellectually challenging for all students by utilizing effective practices for community building.
- Building and executing 4 to 6 transdisciplinary, project and inquiry-based units that integrate Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standard that lead to student action within the school and in the broader community.
- Creating and maintaining formative assessment systems (reading, writing, math, social-emotional), used in weekly planning meetings to plan instruction as well as summative performance assessment tasks that require students to apply knowledge and skills they build during units.
- Building and maintaining positive and engaging relationships with parents/families and working cooperatively with them to strengthen the educational program for their children.
- Collaborating with the elementary school team to build curriculum and coordinate student support
The ideal candidate must:
- have a transdisciplinary perspective for fully integrated hands on, inquiry-based, child centered approach to teaching
- have a minimum of three years teaching experience in elementary grades
- have a multiple-subject teaching credential
- have a Bachelor’s degree in education and/or related field
- have a deep love of experiential outdoor learning
- have a hunger for learning (themselves) and teaching (kids)
- embody the school values of kindness, mindfulness and courage through direct, open, honest and gentle communication with colleagues, students and families
- be organized
- be open to feedback
- be open to creating an unconventional classroom environment that is compliant with the schools design aesthetic and is uncluttered, simple, and beautiful
- be innovative and willing/able to think outside the box
- be able to create community among students, families, and colleagues
- be deeply kind, warm, nurturing, and empathetic
- be passionate about developing their own curriculum in collaboration with colleagues across disciplines and language tracks
- be comfortable in a fluid and dynamic startup environment
- have a master’s degree in education
- experience teaching language learners
- experience with developing emergent curriculum
- experience living and/or teaching in countries out of the United States
- have an affinity for a constructivist approach to teaching
- have native fluency in a second or third language
Our environment is very intimate and hands on, both with the children and with our colleagues. We work very closely together across grades in a very loving, positive, and family-like setting.
For more information about our elementary program, please click here.
For more information about our organization please click here.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com for immediate consideration.