Kindergarten/First Grade Substitute Teacher
Substitutes announce their weekly availability and based on that they will be called in to substitute. Substitute teachers are required to be familiar with the routines and methods of Golestan. They are expected to manage the class with the same level of professionalism as the regular teachers.
Substitute teacher will be working in a mixed age (K + grade 1) multi-cultural class of ~18 children in a progressive independent school that follows the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum.
- have a trans-disciplinary perspective for fully integrated hands on, inquiry-based, child centered approach to teaching
- have a minimum of two years’ experience in the classroom
- have a hunger for learning (themselves) and teaching (kids)
- be innovative, flexible and willing/able to think outside the box
- be comfortable in a fluid and dynamic startup environment
- Fluent in English
Other preferred qualities:
- experience teaching K-1 preferred
- teaching credential
- IB certification
- native fluency in a second or third language preferably Herbew, Arabic or Persian
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com for immediate consideration.