Part Time Music Teacher (Arabic speaking preferred)
Golestan is a multi-cultural, multi-language, progressive, independent school that follows the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum.
Golestan is looking to hire a Music Teacher for our elementary program starting in August 2020. This person will be working several one-hour sessions a week with our mixed aged group classes.
Our transdisciplinary approach to learning requires the music teacher to work closely with other teachers to integrate the IB curriculum into their music classes.
As the Music Teacher, this person will be responsible for:
- Teaching the fundamentals of vocal and instrumental music to children from TK to second grade.
- Providing students with basic vocal instruction and teach them about various instruments, including percussion, brass, woodwinds and string instruments.
- Using hands-on activities to teach children pitch, rhythm and music notation
- Creating a fun and engaging classroom experience for the kids
- Collaborating with colleagues across disciplines (Literacy, Math, Science, PE, Garden/Farm, Art) and language tracks (English, Persian, Hebrew and Arabic) to design a cohesive IB curriculum for TK/K and First/Second grade students
- Ideally, all of the above would occur in a full Arabic or Hebrew immersion setting.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have at least one year of experience teaching music to young children in a classroom/group settings
- Have experience planning and implementing music curriculum using a variety of teaching approaches (Orff preferred).
- Have excellent classroom management skills
- Embody the school values of kindness, mindfulness and courage through direct, open, honest and gentle communication with colleagues, students and families
- Be organized
- Be open to feedback
- Be innovative and willing/able to think outside the box
- Be deeply kind, warm, nurturing, and empathetic
- Arabic or Hebrew speaking teacher preferred
- Degree in music education
- Experience working in a language immersion school setting
Our environment is very intimate and hands on, both with the children and with our colleagues. We work very closely together across grades in a very loving, positive, and family-like setting.
Benefits of working at Golestan:
Golestan isn’t just a job, it’s a way of life! All staff enjoy the benefits of working in a kind, loving, and respectful environment, in addition to family style meals prepared by our chef and access to wholesale farm-fresh grass fed/pastured meat from Marin Sun Farms. Golestan provides fully covered health insurance for full time staff, dental insurance, 403b retirement plan, and delicious treats in our beautiful staffroom.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.