Living in a multi-lingual family
- Article for MomsRising.org by Golestan’s Executive Director, Yalda Modabber : How to Lovingly Empower your Children to Speak Your Heritage Language to You
- Article: Becoming Bilingual; When children learn a second language, what’s the best way to support them and their families?
- Golestan’s Guide to Teaching manual prepared by the Golestan Colab is a useful resource for parents as well as educators and teachers.
- Article: Simplicity leads to happiness is children and Here is how to do it.
Empathy and Emotional Competency
- Article: Are you raising nice kids? A Harvard psychologist gives 5 ways to raise them to be kind
- Article: The Decline of Play and Rise in Children’s Mental Disorders
Media and Technology
- Podcast: Make Believe: How Creative Play Helps kids (and the Role of Media/Screen Time on Kids)
- Article: Let Kids be Kids: Using Adventure and Nature to Bring Back Children’s Play
Nutrition and Sleep
Golestan Stories, a beautiful Persian audiobook for children.
Golestan Stories is a collection of ten original and adapted stories written and narrated in Persian. Mamanbozorg (Grandmother) narrates the stories during a visit from her grandson, Hooman, who lives overseas.
These stories are beautifully interwoven with Mamanbozorg and Hoomans adventures on her farm. As Hooman grows closer to his grandmother during his trip, he learns traditional Iranian values such as generosity, integrity, kindness, diligence, compassion, dignity, altruism and respect for others. At the end of the collection, Hooman turns the tables on Mamanbozorg and tells her a story as his visit winds down, and he prepares to return home.
Available on Amazon and Spotify