1 bunch of basil
8 oz parmesan cheese
Juice of 1 lemon
1 whole garlic clove
About ½ cup olive oil
1 cup heavy cream
- If the parmesan cheese is in chunks, pulse it in the food processor until it’s ground up. If it’s already grated, add it to the bowl of the processor.
- Wash, de-stem, and dry basil. Add this to the bowl of the processor along with lemon juice, garlic clove, and olive oil.
- Process until it makes a uniform green paste. If it’s getting stuck, add a little more oil.
- Stop the processor and add 1 cup cream.
- Pulse two or three times until the cream is mostly mixed in. Be careful not to make butter!
- You can use a spatula to stir it a few times before you serve it. Add salt or pepper if you think it needs it, but I usually don’t.