Our summer day camp is a dual language English and Persian program* that includes a mix of challenging physical and creative, hands-on activities for children and youth aged 6-18 in a beautiful and nurturing environment.
The children spend time exclusively outdoors at our beautiful campus. From time to time, they do fieldwork at Tilden Park. Over the course of each session of camp, the kids engage in various hands-on activities including cooking, exploring tiles and mosaics, science, garden, music, woodwork and carpentry, textiles and felting and so much more!
Each day follows a routine with time allocated for outdoor play and physical activities, various stations for hands-on projects, quiet reflective time, and free play. Our campers eat at least two delicious snacks and a wholesome lunch, all organic and locally sourced foods prepared in house by our chef every day!
Learn more about our food philosophy here.
Summer camp is for children and youth from six to eighteen years of age. All campers must have completed Kindergarten to participate. Sorry, we do not have a summer camp for preschool aged children at this time.
We will be returning to our 1-week sessions this year. Our first session will start on Monday, June 19th and will run through August 17th.
- Session #1: June 19 – 23
- Teen Camp Session: June 19-23
- Session #2: June 26 – 30
- Session #3***: July 3 – 7 (no camp on July 4)
- Session #4: July 10 – 14
- Session #5: July 17 – 21
- Session #6: July 24 – 28
- Session #7: July 31 – Aug 4
- Session #8: Aug 7 – Aug 11
- Session #9***: Aug 14 – 17 (no camp on Friday)
*Campers do not need any prior Persian language exposure to participate.
**Activities are subject to change to accommodate the children’s interests and/or skill level.
***This is a four-day week. Tuition will be prorated.
- Activities such as cooking, gardening, carpentry, yoga, and outdoor play / games.
- Centers such as building, knitting, sewing, jewelry making, Makers’ Space with recycled materials, and felt art.
- Projects such as paper mache, pottery, string art, and individual & collective mosaics.
Camp will operate Monday – Friday, from 9am – 3pm, with the option to register for after care (3:00-5:30pm).
Your child’s schedule will be (roughly) as follows:
8:50-9:00 Drop off
9:00-9:30 Welcome/Circle time
11:30-12:30 Outdoor play
1:15-2:30 Backyard Sports and Stations
Drop off and pickup location
Golestan’s Campus: 320 San Carlos Avenue, El Cerrito CA 94530
Please note that this is a bilingual Persian and English language program. All participants should be open to the exposure of the Persian language.
New families can submit their registration using this link. Please be sure to check your spam folder for registration confirmation.
Existing families can log into their Curacubby accounts for camp registration. Here are step by step instructions:
1. Log into your Curacubby account at golestankids.
2. Click “New Application” on the left side bar
3. Click “2023 Golestan Summer Camp Registration”
4. Select your student, then click “Next” to complete and submit the registration.
Refund policy: 50% refund if canceled 30 days or more before first day of camp; no refund with less than 30 days notice.
- 9am – 3pm $490/week (includes lunch and 2 snacks)
- Extended aftercare 3:00pm – 5:30pm $80/week (includes 1 snack)
Golestan Kids admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.