Persian Literacy Teacher (After School, Part-Time)
Golestan is looking to hire a loving and experienced Persian Literacy teacher to start as soon as possible. We are looking for someone who values collaboration and is creative and open to different ideas and trying new things. Must connect well with children, families, and colleagues of all backgrounds, and be passionate about teaching foundational literacy skills of reading and writing. This person will be working with small groups of children ages 5 to 13. Each group would have up to 12 children and would include children with different levels of Persian language proficiency from beginner to native fluency.
As the Persian Literacy Teacher, this person will be responsible for:
- Teaching the fundamentals of reading and writing of the Persian language to groups of children in the after school program; and
- Creating a fun, engaging, full immersion, classroom experience for the children.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have at least two years of experience teaching Persian language to young children in a group setting;
- Have an understanding of the scope and sequence of literacy skills to be taught in Persian to young beginner students;
- Have experience planning and implementing literacy curriculum using a variety of teaching approaches;
- Have excellent classroom management skills;
- Embody the school values of kindness, thoughtfulness and courage through direct, open, honest and gentle communication with colleagues, students and families;
- Be organized;
- Be open to collaboration and feedback;
- Be innovative and willing/able to think outside the box;
- Be deeply kind, warm, nurturing, and empathetic; and
- Speak, read and write Persian with native fluency.
- Experience working in a language immersion school setting; and
- Experience building curriculum and activities beyond a literacy workbook.
Our environment is very intimate and hands on, both with the children and with our colleagues. We work very closely together across grades in a very loving, positive, and family-like setting.
For more information about our elementary program, please click here.
For more information about our organization please click here.