After School Teacher (Part Time)
Hours: 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm, Mon-Friday – September through mid-June, possibility for summer camp. This is currently a part-time position.
- prepare classroom for each lesson and clean up afterwards;
- collaborate with co-teachers to manage classrooms and implement lesson plans for kids aged 6-13.
- lead classes either alone (six to eight children or less) or with a co-teacher (usually twelve children);
- collaborate with fellow teachers, administrators, and support staff in a family-like setting; and
- participate in weekly planning meetings and monthly staff meetings.
- a minimum of one year experience working with groups of children aged 6-13, in the United States
- highly organized, driven, and collaborative;
- warm, kind, and empathetic;
- able to connect with children in a playful and loving manner;
- able to exhibit authority in the classroom while maintaining above qualities; and
- open to feedback and highly communicative.
- Fluent in Persian, English, or Spanish;
- Experience teaching school or afterschool programs in the US; and
- Degree in Education and/or a special knowledge of the arts, dance, drama, science, or outdoor education preferred.
After school Enrichment classes include (but are not limited to):
- Art (drawing, painting, charcoal, clay/sculpture, collage, etc);
- Science (hands-on experiential lessons);
- Performing arts/music;
- Games (indoor and outdoor); and
- Storytelling and puppetry (written and directed by the kids).
Candidates should submit their resume to Jobs@golestankids.com