Part Time Music Teacher
Golestan is looking to hire a loving and experienced Music Teacher (Part-Time ~ 7-16 hours/week) to start in August 2022. We are looking for someone who values collaboration and is creative and open to different ideas and trying new things. Must connect well with children, families, and colleagues of all backgrounds, and be passionate about integrating curricular subjects into project-based learning in a global context.
As the Music Teacher, this person will be responsible for:
- Teaching the fundamentals of vocal music, instrumental ensemble, and dance and movement to children from Kindergarten – 5th grade.
- Using hands-on activities to teach children pitch, rhythm, music notation, and other musical concepts
- Creating a fun and engaging classroom experience for the kids
- Collaborating with colleagues across disciplines (Literacy, Math, Science, PE, Garden/Farm, Art)
The ideal candidate must:
- Have at least three years of experience teaching music to elementary aged children in a classroom/group setting
- Have experience planning and implementing music curriculum using a variety of teaching approaches (Orff, Dalcroze and/or Kodaly preferred)
- Play at least one instrument such as piano, guitar, or another instrument to accompany classes
- Have excellent classroom management skills
- Embody the school values of kindness, thoughtfulness and courage through direct, open, honest and gentle communication with colleagues, students and families
- Be organized to perform daily and long range planning for music program activities
- Be open to feedback
- Be innovative and willing/able to think outside the box
- Be deeply kind, warm, nurturing, and empathetic
- Pass fingerprint and TB clearance required by CA State Licensing to work in a school
- Degree in music education or Orff certification
- Experience working in a language immersion school setting
- Fluency in an additional language other than English
Our environment is very intimate and hands on, both with the children and with our colleagues. We work very closely together across grades in a very loving, positive, and family-like setting. Golestan has an Orff instrumentarium (9 barred instruments and 5 bass bars), a classroom set of drums, recorders, and many other small percussion instruments, as well as pianos, keyboards, and a ukulele.
For more information about our elementary program, please click here.
For more information about our organization please click here.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration